Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I am grateful

I found out today that I'm officially no longer employed. That was a big blow to the ego. I've been working steadily since I graduated from high school and find this to be a bit disconcerting. I spent the morning trying not to vomit, applying for unemployment benefits and applying for jobs. After about four hours of this, I said to myself, "Enough is enough. Time to get up." After all, one doesn't want one's hiney to resemble a computer chair!

My mom gave me some good advice this morning, she told me to pick one or two things that *had* to get done today. The rest was not necessary to think about. That proved to be the one thing that kept me moving today. And move I did! After my "computer work" I was finally able to stomach food, so I had some breakfast, then did a little workout. I haven't bellydanced in a while, so it was fun to turn on Neena and Veena and let the snake arms go.

Then while I was waiting for my laundry, I went on the treadmill and walked for a bit. I saw that there was this journal on the window ledge and picked it up. I'd gotten it for my mom a long time ago, but she hadn't been in a place to use it. It was waiting for me. Inspirations: A Gratitude Journal by Barbara Morina.  This is what I wrote in response to the prompts:

Today's weather/news/current events: Muggy, overcast, Tropical Storm Fred; Obamacare.

Today I feel: Crappy because I got discontinued, yet relieved that I'm no longer bound to the toxicity of that  place.

I am grateful for: Mom, Dad, Rory, Grammie, Auntie, Andrea, Yvette, Heidi, Amy, Adam,  my cousins and my friends; my home, food, clothing and my health.

Spiritually: I need prayers... and to pray.

People in my thoughts: Monica

Magical moments (comfort, peace, and love): Mom hugging me like I was five and had skinned my knee.

For a better tomorrow (Goals, ideas, etc.): I will apply to at least 3 jobs, work on my business plan, work out hard, and find clients. 

I know things aren't fabulous. But, it could be worse... and I'm grateful it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment